What's the difference between crystals, minerals, and rocks? What's the rock cycle? What are the three main types of rocks? What do these words mean? Intrusive, extrusive, deposition, metamorphic, lava, magman, foiation, regional metamorphism, contact metamorphism, clastic rocks, cemented, compacted, fossils, igneous, and sedimentary.
Watch the videos.
- Geology Kitchen The Three Types of Rocks
- Geology Kitchen #5 Chemical & Biological Sedimentary Rocks
- Geology Kitchen #4 - Metamorphism
- Types of Rocks Song
Listen to the audio or read the chapter in the book.
Labs and worksheets
- Do the rocks worksheet.
- Discuss why it is harder to identify rocks than it is to identify minerals.
- Discuss the rocks each student brought to class.
- Play the Rock Trivia Game